Gooey and full of flavour, these Guinness brownies are perfect to enjoy with a glass on Easter (or any time of the year!)
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Additional Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 180ml (3/4 cup) Guinness
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 160ml (2/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 100g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 180g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 140g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100g (1 cup) cocoa powder
- 120g mixed chocolate chips (dark, dairy-free milk, and dairy-free white)
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and line an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a medium bowl or jug, mix the Guinness, cornstarch, vanilla, vinegar, and oil together.
- In another large bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in half the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into the tin and top with the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a fork or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Make sure to allow them to cool before serving as they will be gooey! I like to refrigerate mine for a bit to firm up before slicing into 9 squares.
- Serve and enjoy! Keep for up to 3 days in an air-tight container.