To celebrate coming out of lockdown, you can use smoked salt if you can find it, but I used regular and it was still delish! It’s easy. It’s got a little protein. It contains dark chocolate so it ahem, feeds the hormones and boosts the mood!
This recipe makes about 16 bars.
- 220g pitted prunes, chopped
- 2 tbs coconut oit
- 150g almond, hazelnut pr peanut butter
- 50ml grapeseed oil
- 1tbs honey
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (160g) pumpkin seeds (pepitas), lightly toasted
- 20g cacao nibs
- 1 cup (25g) puffed quinoa
- 1/2 cup (90g) Brazil nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into rough pieces
- 1 tbs smoked salt flakes
- Place the prunes in a small food processor and whiz to a paste.
- Transfer to a saucepan with a coconut oil and place over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the nut butter, oil, honey, and cayenne pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook over low, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is soft and gooey, then remove from heat.
- Stir in pepitas, cacao nibs, puffed quinoa and chopped brazil nuts aside.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl
- Set it over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water) and stir gently until the chocolate has melted.
- Line a 30cm x 12cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and drizzle over the melted dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle over the smoked salt, transfer to the refrigerator and leave to chill for at least 1 hr or until set.
- Once set, remove the log from the pan, transfer into a chopping board and cut into bars. They will keep for up to 1 week in a suitable airtight container.