Homemade gifts always come with love don’t they? Fragrant and practical, create different sachets for good sleep, a moth detergent wardrobe or a Christmas theme.
Wrap these combos in a little piece of muslin cloth or cotton voile. Tie with pretty ribbon or string and voila!
Making Your Sachets:
- 1 tsp rose petals
- 2 drops lavender oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 sage leaf
Place this under your pillow to help promote sleep. If you toss and turn, it will release more smells and help you fall back to sleep again. This should last about three months.
- Bay leaves (deters moths)
- 5 whole cloves (kills mould spore, deters silverfish)
- 1 tea bag (kills dust mites)
- 1-2 heads of lavender or 1/2 tsp lavender oil (deters flying insects)
- 2 cedar chips (deters moths)
- 1 tbsp bicarb (absorbs moisture and helps prevent mould)
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 nutmeg
- 1 tuft pine needles
Hang this sachet on the Christmas tree or wipe it over door frames. It gives you that wonderful Christmas smell.