I hope you love this bit of sticky pleasure to warm your kitchen and soul on chilly days. My family all agreed this one should be on our high rotation recipe list!
What You Need:
- 600g chicken breast or thighs or thighs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons corn or tapioca flour
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
On the side:
- 1 cup of rice & 3/4 cups broth
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1/2 head broccolli
What to do:
- In a bowl, toss the chopped chicken with the flour and a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Then, in a hot pan (or your slow cooker if you have that option), brown onions, capsicums, garlic and ginger in a generous pour of oil or butter.
- Once the onions are brown, remove them from the pan and add the chicken in to “just” sear the chicken.
- Place the chicken, onions, and the sauce ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Stir well to ensure the sauce is all over the chicken and pop the lid on to cook. If you can, give it a stir every so often so it doesn’t stick. Cook on high for 1.5 hours or on low for 3-4 hours.
- With 20 minutes to go, cook the rice in your bone broth. When it’s nearly done, shred the broccoli through the rice and add the frozen peas. Which will cook quickly in the hot rice.
- Then, when it’s all ready to go, stir the sugar snaps through the chicken and serve with the veggie packed rice.