Check out this recipe that is fun to do with the kids and is perfect for our new spring weather!
It has fruit sugars and just a touch of maple syrup but the oats stabilise everything.
Makes about 20. Prep time: 10 minutes (+4 hrs chilling time)
- 1 cup (135 g) frozen raspberries, just thawed
- 1 and 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1tbs chia seeds
- 2/3 cup (50g) desiccated coconut
- Place the raspberries, oats, maple syrup, coconut oil, chia seeds and 1/2 cup (40g) of the coconut in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hrs or until mixture thickens.
- Place remaining coconut in a small bowl.
- Roll 1-tbs portions of raspberry mixture into balls.
- Roll in coconut to lightly coat
- Store in fridge for up to a week but they don’t last that long in my home!