Yes, we are all so thankful to have actually made it through 2020!
Yet as we speed up and hurtle towards the Christmas, we can get out of step with our inner needs. It feels harder to take that rest our nervous system really needs and the then fatigue factor creeps in. So during this December month, how can we get to enjoy both our ‘worlds’, inner and outer? The good news is that it is possible to have both by staying connected to yourself. We do this by slowing down and keeping up with those activities that feed our soul and keep us in the present moment.
My top tip for the month is to make time for one of our restorative yin sound bath class, Friday 11th (next week). 90 minutes for your nervous system on your yoga mat for yin yoga with live sound healing with guided yin yoga.
We also have two breathwork sessions – this Friday and Saturday evening – perfect moments for connection with the self.
Plus, I want to offer you a meditation I find really special. It helps you connect to your true self. It’s so helpful removing the labels that we carry and that can weigh us down. It’s just below.
May you flow with gracefully through December,
Meditation – Being Able to Make Authentic Choices
- Get your body relaxed. Close your eyes and follow your breathing for a bit.
- Next, consider what you experience as your main ‘skin’. Is it the label of father or mother, sister, husband, lover, partner, boss, friend, son or daughter? Perhaps your most defining role at the moment is your job title? Anything goes. Pick the one which feels most obvious (or dare I say it, most oppressive).
- Sense into this skin. It will have a certain texture to it. Experience what it’s like wearing this skin for a short time.
- Now imagine unzipping this skin, and stepping out of it. Underneath is a fresher ‘you’. A more authentic being, closer to the real you.
- Relax into this experience, appreciating a new freedom
- If you have time repeat this practice with one or more other labels. Sense into each one. Each will have a different flavour and various degrees of palatability. Then unzip it or peel it off. Find out what’s underneath.
- You can do this with as many layers as you like. Until you come to something which feels close to you, divine luscious you. Touch the pure, authentic you. The you that the world deserves to see. That authentic centre that, when you move from it, allows things to flow beautifully.