Quick and simple and, oh – how I love kaffir lime leaves direct from our plant on the deck – delicious! I poached the chicken in some leftover coconut milk we had in the fridge, but any way you want to do your chicken to shred will work fine. Enjoy!
- 300g dried egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, cooled
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup each mint and coriander leaves
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbs each brown sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh.
- Place the noodles, chicken, spring onion, cucumber, carrot, chilli, herbs, and kaffir lime leaves in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Place the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce in a separate bowl, and stir to combine.
- To serve, pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.